Which foods are highest in Vitamin C and what’s the best way to include them in your diet?
There’s no question that Vitamin C is good for you. There have been studies that show that Vitamin C helps white blood cell neutrophil function (the neutrophil function is to detect and kill infectious agents such as bacteria and viruses in the body). Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant.
There are Vitamin C supplements, but there are also food sources of Vitamin C, some of which may surprise you.
Red peppers are probably one of the highest sources of Vitamin C in your diet. Citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, and lemons are well-known as being high in Vitamin C, but so are kiwis, green peppers, and broccoli.
One of the best and easiest ways to ingest these food sources of Vitamin C and other nutrients is by making a smoothie. You can make a large one to share with the whole family.
Click here for a recipe for a vitamin-rich smoothie.
Nutritional requirement is a personal thing and everyone’s needs will be different. For a full assessment of your health and how you can improve it, you should consult your naturopathic doctor for a nutrition plan custom-designed for you.
OUR CLINIC IS REOPENING ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 6 !!
For more information click here.
- Naturopathic Doctors are part of Phase 1 of Alberta’s relaunch strategy
- Certain safety requirements are necessary and are in place
- As long as we maintain safety requirements, we are able to see patients in person for treatments including IV and injection therapies
- Consultations are recommended to be virtual, but can be in person
- We can now accept new patients. Initial consultations for new patients must be in person
- Online booking is available to all patients