With Premier Jason Kenney’s announcement regarding the staged relaunch strategy for Alberta, we are very happy to announce that our clinic will be reopened on Wednesday, May 6.
In order to ensure the continued safety of our patients, doctors, and staff, we will be adhering to all COVID containment measures and regulations as directed by the provincial government and the health care regulatory agencies.
These measures include the following:
- Our doctors and staff are required to wear masks at all times
- Hand hygiene (sanitizer) must be available to all patients and staff (we have always done this)
- Frequent disinfection of high traffic areas and surfaces must be performed (we have always done this)
- Disinfection of all treatment rooms after use (we have always done this)
- Physical distancing of 2 meters must be maintained
- Patient screening prior to and on the day of their appointment must be done. The requirements for patient screening are:
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN PATIENT SCREENING?
- You will receive an email detailing the screening requirements. If you meet any of the criteria, please do not come to the clinic.
- You will be asked screening questions again when you arrive:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms which are new or worsened if associated with allergies, chronic or pre-existing conditions within the last 14 days:
- Sore throat
- Dyspnea or additional respiratory symptoms
- Have you traveled outside of the country in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a confirmed exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
If you can answer YES to any of these questions and HAVE NOT been recently tested for COVID-19, they you must not be seen in-person; you will be directed to call 811 for assessment.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms (such as a cough, fever, runny nose etc) will NOT be allowed into the office for treatment
- You must wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival
- Physical distancing of 2m is required between you and other patients not of your household and between you and staff
- To assist in physical distancing, we request that patients come alone, without family members or other people who don’t have an appointment, unless the patient needs assistance.
- Please do not arrive earlier than your scheduled appointment time, to allow for proper physical distancing
Provided that these and other requirements are met, we are now able to see patients in person as of Wednesday, May 6. This includes in-person visits for new patients, repeat patients, injections, regenerative injection therapy, prolotherapy, IVs, and ozone therapy.
It has been recommended that repeat consultations be done via telephone or secure video as much as possible. Video visits are secure and easy. They work much the same as Facetime or Skype.
Patients have found the virtual consultations to be very convenient, and any needed supplements can be shipped directly to your house.
Online booking is now fully available to both new and repeat patients. You are welcome to call to book your appointment but, due to high volume of telephone calls, we suggest using online booking for your convenience. If you prefer to call for an appointment or to contact us for any reason and we are unable to answer your call, please leave a message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during these past weeks and we are very happy to be able to offer all of our services to you once again.